Friday, April 7

Unconditional...

It's been crazy lately at work. I feel like even at the end of the day - it's just not done. I often feel better if after everyone is in bed, I logon again and get caught up on anything that might have happened after I left the office. It's become a habit over the past several weeks. The good thing about this pattern is that I feel like I am staying on top as best I can, the bad thing is I see the kids even less. I know the end of this cycle is in sight, so we're all making due. I tuck Reilly in every night - actually it's more like - I pick all the blankets up off the floor, put them back on top of him, put the books on his shelf, put the animals back in his bed, and turn him so his head is once again at the head of the bed - either way, I tuck him in. When I do this, I kiss him on the head and brush his hair to the side and say "I love you with all my heart". The last two nights, he in his sleep, has parted those dry lips while his eyes remained lightly shut, reciprocated my profession and said "I love you too".

It's a great way to end a long day.

No comments: